Friday, October 26, 2012

Brown Baggin' It Guide

Hey, everyone!  While I'm all cozy on the couch, Hurricane Sandy is blowing by the Florida coast and causing tropical storm conditions.  Lots of wind, lots of rain...but luckily it's off and on.  What's really cool is seeing the individual rain bands in the sky.
Staying inside, but enjoying the interesting clouds!
I'm not looking forward to having to take the dog out later this evening.  Hopefully I can find a break in the rain!

Diet Tip of the Day
I've talked many a time about my lunch I take to school.  Well, here's my go-to guide to packing my lunch in the morning:

  • Vegetables-I love veggies, so I usually make a salad each day for lunch (until my produce goes bad).  I make sure to include lots of different flavors in my salad by including a lot of different vegetables.  I also sprinkle some shredded cheddar on top.  If I don't bring a salad, I'll have some carrot sticks with hummus as my veggie of the meal.
  • Protein-I incorporate protein in one of two ways.  Sometimes, I add canned tuna or turkey bacon to my salad.  This adds a great flavor to the salad, as well as making it more filling!  If I don't add a protein source to my salad, I'll bring some Greek yogurt (I love Dannon Oikos in Pineapple, Strawberry, or Honey flavors).  It's a great source of protein and satisfies the sweet tooth at the same time :)
  • Fruit-I'll switch it up every now and then, but I'll usually bring an apple, an orange, or a pineapple cup for another healthy addition to my lunch.
  • Something Crunchy-I always feel much more full and satisfied when I bring something crunchy to eat during lunch.  This week, it was pretzels with hummus.  I've also been in to Chip Ins Popcorn Chips lately
  • A cute lunchbox to bring everything from home to school...enough said :)
There you have it: a go-to guide for a tasty, healthy lunch to take to work or school.  Plus, you save money bringing your lunch rather than having to go somewhere to buy lunch!

That's all for now.  Hopefully Hurricane Sandy will move on up the coast so that I can go on a run tomorrow at some point.  

Question of the Day: How do you eat healthy at school or the office?

No comments:

Post a Comment