|Staying inside, but enjoying the interesting clouds!|
Diet Tip of the Day
I've talked many a time about my lunch I take to school. Well, here's my go-to guide to packing my lunch in the morning:
- Vegetables-I love veggies, so I usually make a salad each day for lunch (until my produce goes bad). I make sure to include lots of different flavors in my salad by including a lot of different vegetables. I also sprinkle some shredded cheddar on top. If I don't bring a salad, I'll have some carrot sticks with hummus as my veggie of the meal.
- Protein-I incorporate protein in one of two ways. Sometimes, I add canned tuna or turkey bacon to my salad. This adds a great flavor to the salad, as well as making it more filling! If I don't add a protein source to my salad, I'll bring some Greek yogurt (I love Dannon Oikos in Pineapple, Strawberry, or Honey flavors). It's a great source of protein and satisfies the sweet tooth at the same time :)
- Fruit-I'll switch it up every now and then, but I'll usually bring an apple, an orange, or a pineapple cup for another healthy addition to my lunch.
- Something Crunchy-I always feel much more full and satisfied when I bring something crunchy to eat during lunch. This week, it was pretzels with hummus. I've also been in to Chip Ins Popcorn Chips lately
- A cute lunchbox to bring everything from home to school...enough said :)
That's all for now. Hopefully Hurricane Sandy will move on up the coast so that I can go on a run tomorrow at some point.
Question of the Day: How do you eat healthy at school or the office?