Thursday, October 18, 2012

DIY Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

As I mentioned before, I bought some Instant Oatmeal this week at the grocery store.  When I was contemplating the decision, I thought about purchasing the Apple Cinnamon flavor.  Then, I looked at the nutrition label:
Source
13 g of Sugar? Seriously?  I decided to just get the original flavor of oatmeal and add in any fruit that I wanted.  So this morning, I created my own Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
Ingredients:
  • 1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Original
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 apple, sliced and cut into pieces
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
The result was a tasty breakfast!  I had been adding strawberries to my oatmeal, but the apple pieces and cinnamon made a cohesive taste to meal, which ties nicely in to the fall season!  The great thing about this meal is that, according to MyFitnessPal, it only has 6 grams of sugar from the apple slices.  That saves 7 grams of sugar from the packet of Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal you could buy at the store.  I bet it has more flavor, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment